Bruichladdich

Bruichladdich (pronounced Brook-laddie), meaning 'bank on the shore', was built in 1881 on the edge of Loch Indaal on the most westerly point of Islay. In 2000, the distillery was purchased by a small group of independent investors (including Murray McDavid owners) who renovated the Victorian equipment and in effect, turned the Bruichladdich distillery into a working museum. 

The Bruichladdich philosophy is to produce the most natural and enjoyable whisky possible. The whiskies are bottled on Islay. They are all bottled naturally, free from colouring, and chill-filtered for extra flavour and texture. Where necessary, the whiskies are reduced to 46% with Islay spring water prior to bottling. This is approximately 14% more alcohol per bottle than a standard strength whisky.